Patti DeGroat Mid Level ALP / Work Based Learning
Waubun Alternative Learning Center is here to help students reach their goal of graduation. We offer several program options to best meet the needs of our students. We offer credit recovery options for students who need to make up credits, seat-based instruction, and independent study programs.
We are proud to offer digital curriculum options for students. We offer both core and elective courses in both credit recovery and ALC courses. As an Alternative Learning Center, we can help you earn a diploma from either Waubun High School or your home district.
Looking for Credit Recovery Options?Whether you need one semester or more than that, we can help you stay on track for graduation in your home district or in ours.
In order to enroll in the ALC, you must meet requirements as outlined in the Minnesota Graduation Incentives statute. For more information or to enroll in one of our programs, please contact Paul Clark at (218) 473-6120.
Weekly Schedule: Independent Study Program students must attend 6 hours minimum. Seat Based and Dual Enrollment attendance hours are determined at enrollment.
Monday: 8:00 AM - 3:30 PM
Tuesday: 8:00 AM - 3:30 PM
Wednesday: 8:00 AM - 3:30 PM
Thursday: 8:00 AM - 3:30 PM
Friday: 8:00 AM - 3:30 PM
Paul Clark ALC Director
Work based learning is one of the most powerful learning tools available to help students both prepare for careers of their own choosing and to strengthen their understanding of academic concepts through practical application.
The workplace is considered an active learning environment where students acquire new knowledge and skills, learn by doing, and constantly improve their abilities.
* Offers the opportunity to work with positive adult role models
* Develop good work habits and professional attitudes
* Develop an understanding of how school subjects relate to the world of work
* Develop an employment history
* Enables students to contribute to the community by volunteering at non-profit sites.
Program Responsibilities for students:
1. Meet academic and attendance requirements established by school and employer.
2. Abide by all company policies and procedures
3. Maintain acceptable performance at school and on the job
4. Work hard and follow the rules